Contrary to the way the title sounds, this is not a spiritual post concerning our eschatological expectations. Maybe that post will come some day. But today, is not that day. Today’s post is dedicated to the most awesome fast food chain in the world, Chick-fil-A.
Here is a photo to show the progress of the new site in Millington where the Chick-fil-A will one day reside. I am, to say the least, highly encouraged and spurred on by this “future hope.”
Why is Chick-fil-A so popular? Without getting on my soap box, I’ll mention a few simple reasons.
- Family-Freindly– for me, my top reason for loving Chick-fil-A is its family-friendly focus. It’s not just a good place for families to go eat and hang out, they are seriously intentional about focusing on the family and helping families grow together. It’s more than a playground, decent meal and a good time. It’s a focus on the family that seeks to deepen relationships, encourage participation and increase quality time.
- Proper perspective– Chick-fil-A is owned and operated by faithful followers of Jesus Christ. I’ve had a chance to spend time with the Cathy family and I know their heart to serve the Lord. They are the real deal! They have a proper perspective about life. They know that God has given them a platform to make a difference for His kingdom and that’s exactly what they strive to do. Chick-fil-A tithes off the profits of its entire corporation. Amazing!
- Great service– I don’t know if I’ve ever been to a Chick-fil-A when I received poor service. I am always greeted by friendly faces who are willing to help in any way possible. Not only that, but I am way impressed the restaurants are always willing to take expired coupons. They go the extra mile. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked into a very busy restaurant and my order was taken in a timely manner with polite and courteous people willing and ready to serve.
- Great atmosphere– this one could probably be grouped into the previous point but I separated it for a reason. What other fast-food restaurant do you know of where employees are constantly walking around the place offering to get you a refill on your drink or take your trash? Just another way Chick-fil-A steps it up and separates itself from the rest.
- Good food– I would say the food at Chick-fil-A is very good. But that’s not the reason I love the place. Now, I am known to really enjoy the nuggets, sandwiches and especially the milkshakes. But it’s not about the food for me.
I read a great book one time entitled Raving Fans. The point of the book is that if you are a business or a service organization (or a church for that matter) you should strive for more than just “satisfied customers.” Your goal should be “raving fans.” Chick-fil-A has raving fans for sure.
Now let’s get spiritual for a moment. Take a look at the five reasons I listed and apply them to the church. Think spiritually substitute the fifth for “good preaching” or “proper discipleship.” How would our churches be different if we followed these principles?
And to end…a wonderful song by Tim Hawkins extolling the virtues of Chick-fil-A. Enjoy…