I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of Tim Hawkins but I am just now discovering him. This guys is hilarious!!! Check out this video and you can google him for some more entertainment. (In case you’re wondering, that’s not his “normal voice” it’s one of his “funny voices” for his act…I was worried about that for a second).
I have determined the reason for the economic downturn. Believe me, I know the basic principles of economics but this is no issue of supply and demand. Here it is…
I think I have a pretty good sense of humor but there are some things I just don’t get. That being said, it’s pretty clear to me that the ad department at Burger King and I are pretty much out of sync when it comes to humor. If you ask Stephanie, she could tell you that I’ve been complaining about Burger King commercials ever since the scary, plastic, oversized king appeared on the scene (if not before). And now, here’s the ad for their shroom and swiss burger. Are you kidding me?
Wow! I know I haven’t posted in a while but there’s a good reason for that. Things have been absolutely crazy since we got back from vacation. You know how it is when you get back from vacation and need a vacation to recover from the first one.
So, since then here’s a little bit of what’s happened since we’ve been back.
1. The Kudlas family, our good friends from GA, came up for a visit the last weekend in July. It was a great time.
2. Jake fell off the bed and almost bit through his lip; very close to needing stitches.
3. I left for Atlanta with our Sr. Adults on July 30th. Stephanie called me in the middle of the night on Thursday and said that Jake woke up with an extremely high fever; so bad he was seeing things flying around his room.
4. Steph took him to the doctor on Friday and he had a severe infection and needed some serious medical attention.
5. I flew home from Anniston, AL to Millington, TN thanks to a very kind act from a friend of a friend in order to get back and take care of my family.
6. We had a GREAT day on Sunday as we celebrated 5 years for Crosspointe and our family’s first year here.
7. I woke up feeling awful on Monday and as of last night (for our Clay Crosse concert) I had no voice at all. Still nothing today.
8. Today, Stephanie and I woke up at 4:15 AM to get the boys ready for their surgery. They both had tubes put in their ears (details here). They’re both doing well but it has been an extremely long day!
So, I hope that is proper justification for my online absence. The funny thing is, that this is only the beginning. It’s going to be a crazy fall!
I know this is not hugely significant but I thought it was an interesting fact. This is my 100th post on my blog since I began a few years back. I did take a brief hiatus for a little while around the time that Judd was born but started back again once we moved to Tennessee.
So, I hope over the past 100 posts you have been encouraged, challenged, motivated and uplifted. I hope you have learned a little about me, a little about our family, a little about our ministry and a lot about God. All in all, it’s been a fun trip to say the least.
I guess I should offer a prize or something like businesses do. Since this is my 100th post, the first 5 people to comment win an incredible prize. (Don’t ask me what it is…I have no clue…just thought it sounded clever!)